What are some of your Christmas Traditions? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
What are some of your Christmas Traditions? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
[img]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/bostonkisses/snapshot.jpg[/img]
[url="http://www.thepinksquirrel.com"]http://www.thepinksquirrel.com[/url]
On Christmas Eve the whole family goes down to my Grandparents house and eat hotdogs, hamburgers, chili, chips & dip, and other things you'd find at a cookout and then open presents. Christmas Day we have a more traditional Christmas dinner with Ham, turkey, gravy, exc.,exc,exc,
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]
I remember it used to be fun getting together to help hang all the ornaments on the tree. We had this big old box full of ornaments that we would always bring down from the attic to start the occasion. It was always fun sorting through them all just because there was such a wide variety. Toy soldiers, homemade ornaments from early grades in school, angels, rounded ornaments - you name it, we had it.
Times have changed, though, and that tradition sort of faded away like a lot of things. I still think it's worth mentioning and I'm sure plenty others sort of share a tradition like that. Good times.
Officially retired
Putting up the tree with my boys. Unfortunately this year, they won't be able to visit till the day after Christmas, and they've insisted that the tree not go up until they get here.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
Usually hit my grandmothers on Xmas eve.. everybody in the family used to buy gifts for everyone, then we started drawing names, and this year, doesn't seem like anybody is doing anything for it. I can't stand moms side of the family.. biggest bunch of tightwads, selfish, pricks... gah..
Christmas day it's with my mom/dad/bro, then to my grandpa's to see some family for the last time before Australia!!
We used to draw names for the adults in my family, then a few years ago changed it to just buying for the 4 kids (my nieces and nephews). Everyone is perfectly happy with this arrangement. It definitely removes stress - so much easier.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Going to Grandmothers the WHOLE family like 30 plus people eating, opening gifts Trying to find a place to sit. As the family has grown we can't even find enough chairs. Got love it.LOL
I hate Christmas.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate Christmas. </div></div>
Me too.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate Christmas. </div></div>
Me too. </div></div>
The older I get, the more I hate it. Run run run run for 3-4 days with no time to rest. Gotta go here and go there and go there and go here. God forbid someone travels other than yourself.
I now understand why my dad would become grouchy during the Christmas season.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Bookmarks